Skip to content
Chapters in Books:
- 2014 “Crisis, Austerity and Resistance in the United States” in Polarising Development, ed. Lucia Pradella and Thomas Marois (London: Pluto Press, 2014), pp. 260-70.
- 2013 “’Unity of the Diverse’: Working-Class Formations and Popular Politics from Cochabamba to Cairo” in Marxism and Social Movements, ed. Colin Barker et. al. (Leiden: Brill, 2013), pp. 401-23
- 2013 “Karl Marx / Felsefenin Sefaleti” in Marksist Klasikleri Okuma Kilavuzu (Istanbul: Yordam Kitap, 2013), pp. 77-93. Invited chapter translated from English.
- 2013 “Capital, Labour-Power and Gender Relations: Introduction to the Historical Materialism Edition of Marxism and the Oppression of Women” (with Sue Ferguson) (Leiden: Brill, 2013), pp. XVII-XL (34 pages)
- 2012 “Land of the Living Dead: Capitalism and the Catastrophes of Everyday Life” in Catastrophism: The Apocalyptic Politics of Collapse and Rebirth by Sasha Lilley, David McNally, Eddie Yuen and James Davis (Oakland: PM Books. 2012), pp. 108-27.
- 2012 “Power, Resistance and Economic Crisis,” in Power and Resistance: Critical Thinking About Canadian Social Issues, 5th edn., ed. Les Samuelson and Wayne Antony (Halifax and Winnipeg: Fernwood Books), pp. 126-45
- 2011 “Social Protest in the Age of Austerity: Prospects for Mass Resistance after the G20,” in Whose Streets? The Toronto G20 and the Challenges of Summit Protests, ed. Tom Malleson and David Wachsmuth. Toronto: Between the Lines Press, 2011, pp. 201-12.
- 2011 “The Global Economic Meltdown,” in Capital and Its Discontents, ed. Sasha Lilley (Oakland: PM Press, 2011), pp. 90-104.
- 2011 “From Financial Crisis to World Slump: Accumulation, Financialisation, and the Global Slowdown,” in Contemporary Moral Problems, ed. James E. White (Wheaton, IL: Nelson Education, 2011) [reprint]
- 2009 “Inequality, the Profit System and Global Crisis” in Bankruptcies and Bailouts, ed. Julie Guard and Wayne Antony (Halifax and Winnipeg: Fernwood Publishing), pp. 32-45
- 2008 “La vie après le capitalisme, la vie apres le marché,” in Y-a-til une vie après le capitalisme?, ed. Stathis Kouvalakis (Paris: Les Temps des Cerises, 2008), pp. 205-220. Invited article in French translation.
- 2006 “Imperial Narcissism: Michael Ignatieff’s Apologies for Empire” in The New Imperialists, ed. Colin Mooers (Oxford: One World Press, 2006), pp. 87-110
- 2006 “The Commodity Status of Labour” in Not for Sale! Decommodifying Public Life, ed. Dennis Soron and Gordon Laxer (Toronto: Broadview Press and Garamond Press, 2006), pp. 39-54
- 2005 “Language, the Market and the University: Bakhtin, Benjamin and the Intellectual in Late Capitalism,” in The Power of Words: Literature and Society in Late Modernity, ed. Mauro Buccheri, Elio Costa, Donald Holoch (Ravenna, Italy: Longo Editore, 2005), pp. 121-134.
- 2003 “Beyond the False Infinity of Capital: Dialectics and Self-Mediation in Marx’s Theory of Freedom” in New Dialectics and Political Economy, eds. Robert Albritton and John Simoulidis (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2003), pp. 1-23
- 2000 Globalization, Trade Pacts and Migrant Workers: Rethinking the Politics of Working Class Resistance” in Restructuring and Resistance: Canadian Public Policy in an Age of Global Capitalism, eds. Mike Burke, Colin Mooers, John Shields (Halifax: Fernwood Books, 2000), 262-75
- 1999 “Locke, Levellers and Liberty: Property and Democracy in the Thought of the First Whigs” in Locke’s Moral, Political and Legal Philosophy, ed. John R. Milton, a volume in The International Library of Critical Essays in the History of Philosophy (Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Publishing, 1999), 87-110 [reprint]
- 1998 “Globalization on Trial: Crisis and Class Struggle in East Asia” in Rising from the Ashes? Labor in the Age of Global Capitalism, eds. Ellen Meiksins Wood, Peter Meiksins, and Michael Yates (New York: Monthly Review Press, 1998), 142-52 [reprint]
- 1997 “Language, History and Class Struggle” in In Defense of History: Marxism and the Postmodern Agenda, ed. Ellen Meiksins Wood and John Bellamy Foster (New York: Monthly Review Press, 1997), 26-42. This article has been translated and published in German, Persian, Norwegian and Turkish.
- 1999 Guest editor of “Capitalism at the End of the Millennium: A Global Survey,” Special summer double issue of Monthly Review, v. 51, n. 3, July-August 1999, 156 pages.
Prefaces to Books:
- 2001 Preface to David Bernans, Con U Inc.: Privatization, Marketization and Globalization at Concordia University and Beyond (Montreal: Concordia Student Union, 2001).